Webinar: Gurobi 8.0 - Enhancements to Instant Cloud and Compute Server
The latest Gurobi v8.0 adds in expansive new features to the Gurobi Instant Cloud and Compute Server, such as moving to standard communication protocols to help improve security and increase robustness, dynamic addition and removal of clusters, compute server monitoring and management capabilities, improved machine and pool management, and more.
Join us for an hour-long webinar, in which we will dive deeper into these new features, including:
New Compute Server Capabilities
- Support for HTTP and HTTPS for improved security, ease of deployment and robustness
- Clustering capabilities that allow nodes to be added and removed dynamically
- A command line tool to help users monitor and manage their clusters
- A REST API that allows users to programmatically monitor and manage clusters
New Instant Cloud Capabilities
- A job dashboard that shows detailed information on jobs running, queued and processed as well as job status, log files, parameters and metrics
- Pool scaling that allows users to dynamically add or remove machines from pools
- Support for HTTPS to enhance security and robustness
- A REST API for easy access to job information and to control pool scaling
- Job History with new archive functionality allows users to store job logs and statuses
There will be time for questions at the end of the webinar. Presenting this webinar is Dr. Greg Glockner, VP of Technology at Gurobi Optimization. Dr. Glockner has a B.S. magna cum laude from Yale University in Applied Mathematics and Music, and an M.S. and Ph.D. in Operations Research from the Georgia Institute of Technology. His doctoral dissertation was awarded the 1997 Transportation Science Dissertation Prize from INFORMS.
Dr. Glockner has trained users of optimization software in Brazil, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and throughout the USA and Canada. He is an expert in optimization modeling and software development: his professional experience in software development includes all major platforms and 9 of the top 10 programming languages in the TIOBE Programming Community Index.
There are two sessions, presented in English, to choose from:
Click on the "Show in My Time Zone" link at the top of the registration page for each webinar to see the start time in your local timezone.