Gurobi Optimization is looking for an engineer to make the world a more efficient place
- Are you passionate about optimization?
- Do your friends and family come to you for help with computers?
- Join Gurobi as an Optimization Support Engineer!
At Gurobi, we are proud to be the leader in software and support for mathematical optimization. Thanks to our growth, we are looking for additional Optimization Support Engineers. You will work with customers across the globe who use mathematical programming in virtually every industry: transportation, electric power, mining, manufacturing, defense, communications and much more. You will be a key part of making Gurobi customers successful with optimization.
Primary job functions
- Respond to technical support questions via email and phone
- Be available for urgent requests during USA business hours
- Help customers with software questions like APIs and product installation
- Conduct performance tuning for customer models
- Participate in conference calls with prospective customers
- Present new product features and capabilities at technical conferences, and interact with product users at such events
- PhD in Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Computational experience in linear programming and mixed-integer programming
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Software development in an object-oriented programming language
- Basic system administration skills
We are a highly distributed company, with employees all over the world. We are flexible on work location, so long as the candidate can regularly cover urgent support requests from customers in US time zones. We regret that relocation assistance is not available.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the position of Optimization support engineer.