Free Trials & Evaluations
See for yourself
We offer two ways to try Gurobi for yourself: 1) a free trial you can download anytime from our download page, after registering, and 2) a full evaluation version with no size restrictions on problems. Below is an overview of each. You are also welcome to contact us directly. We are happy to answer your questions.
Free Trial Version
The free trial version of Gurobi has all the features of Gurobi Optimizer except for a problem size restriction of 500 variables and 500 constraints. Free trial licenses expire six (6) months after the date when your trial license was generated.
To obtain the free trial version, please follow these steps:
- Login to your Gurobi Account. If you do not already have an account, then first Register for an Account.
- On the Download > Gurobi Optimizer page select the version you want to download and click the 'Download' button. You should also download README.txt.
- On the Download > Licenses page click on the 'Free Trial' menu option. Accept the End User License Agreement and then click on 'Request License'. This will create a new license.
- Follow the instructions in README.txt to install the software.
- Once the software has been installed, run 'grbgetkey' using the argument provided when you created your license (ex: grbgetkey ae36ac20-16e6-acd2-f242-4da6e765fa0a). The 'grbgetkey' program will retrieve your license key and prompt you to store it on your machine.
You are now ready to use the Gurobi Optimizer!
Full Evaluation Version
The full evaluation version of Gurobi has all the features of Gurobi with no restrictions. We are happy to discuss your needs and provide those who qualify a no-obligation full evaluation license of Gurobi. Simply contact us at your convenience.
Free Academic License
Visit our Academic License page to learn more about our programs for faculty, staff, and students at qualifying academic institutions.