Academic Program Manager – Americas
Role: Academic Program Manager – Americas
Reports to: VP Marketing
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced and well-known commercial mathematical optimization solver software in the world. The Gurobi Optimizer is the engine that is used by over 2,500 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. For example, the NFL, one of our clients, is able to maximize the league’s annual revenue by solving some of their most complex scheduling problems that involve well over 800 trillion possibilities. Other clients include Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, and SAP – to name a few. Our business received a major investment for growth in 2018. Since that investment, the size of the organization has tripled.
Our company is made up of a small, but mighty team. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming. We love what data can do and so should you. We are committed to providing our customers with best-of-breed AI technologies that they can use to solve their most challenging business problems. We are on an upward trajectory, with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year and an expanding team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
As an Academic Program Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with academic institutions across the United States with the purpose of building strong awareness of prescriptive analytics, mathematical optimization, solvers, and the Gurobi brand within data science programs. This position will work closely with our technical and marketing teams to curate content, speakers and programs that allow university programs to incorporation mathematical optimization into their curriculum. The ultimate goal is to get students interested in Optimization and help them build a connection with the Gurobi brand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Increase awareness of the Gurobi brand and Gurobi’s value proposition to academics and universities across the United States
- Generate new academic leads through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as leveraging the marketing and PR activities of the company
- Establish and cultivate relationships between Gurobi and universities; i.e. department chairs, provosts, professors, teaching assistants, etc.
- Make presentations to key personnel at universities across the United States on the importance of introducing hands-on experience with the Gurobi Optimizer to the students of data science and computer science
- Schedule regular presentations for Gurobi’s technical personnel at key universities
- Work with professors to incorporate mathematical programming and the use of Gurobi into both curriculum, academic papers and text books
- In collaboration with Gurobi’s marketing team, develop and execute awareness and demand generation campaigns
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Gurobi’s product offerings, mathematical programming, commercial and open-source solvers and artificial intelligence (genetic algorithms, machine learning, big data, etc.)
- Re-engineer, drive and track the Take Gurobi With You program to ensure the focus on academia translates to commercial growth for the company
What you should have:
- 5+ years working in the academic space
- BA/BS degree or equivalent is required
- Must have a proven track record of success in the academic space
- An extensive understanding of data science with additional understanding of computer science and/or operations research a plus
- Powerful and effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly and effectively build rapport with others
- Strong critical thinking skills — can reduce complex situations to a simpler form to solve
- A methodical and precise approach to the job with a focus on the use of CRM and analytics to run the business
- Able to find an entry point into a university and then capable of expanding wiring across the necessary stakeholders to establish Gurobi as a key technical partner
- Highly competitive with a desire for achievement
- Self-motivated and effective working from a home environment
- Travel up to 25%
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Academic Program Manager for the Americas.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.