Ecosystem Business Director
Role: Ecosystem Business Director
Reports to: VP Global Sales
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. We love what data can do and so should you. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology uses the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms maintaining our position as an innovation leader. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year proudly expanding our team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
This role spearheads our push into the broader ecosystem that surrounds Gurobi. Our go-to-market strategy has us focus on direct selling to both end customers, independent software providers (ISVs) and consulting companies. Over the past year, we have come to realize that growth can be further accelerated, and our target market expanded, if we build the proper ecosystem strategy to work more closely with consulting partners. Gurobi Optimizer is simply a compendium of algorithms that can only be properly harnessed by a highly skilled practitioner of operations research. That limits the audience we can speak to because we do not sell a complete solution – we sell the critical nexus of the solution, but not a full application. This is where partners of Gurobi’s Ecosystem come in – they can speak to business decision-makers that don’t understand math optimization. Our intent is to have this role build out a robust ecosystem of consulting partners, ISVs, systems integrators, value-added resellers, etc. that extends our reach into business decision-makers as well as amplifying our sales efforts globally. This role has direct revenue responsibilities and reports directly to the Vice President Worldwide Sales.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building out a comprehensive ecosystem strategy that extends the reach of Gurobi
- Achieving assigned revenue targets
- Understanding the interplay of different stakeholders in the math optimization ecosystem – both upstream of us in the vertical as well as downstream
- Designing attractive incentive plans for ecosystem partners to drive loyalty and deployment of Gurobi
- Working with marketing to design campaigns and activities that both attract partners to Gurobi as well as promote them jointly with Gurobi
- Administering the Gurobi consulting partner program and modifying it to drive better outcomes for both sides
- Managing the Developer License program
- Owning the relationship with consulting firms and other ecosystem partners and playing a liaison role to the direct sales force
- Keeping open communication channels with all ecosystem members so they stay current on product enhancements (releases), pricing changes, marketing efforts, etc.
- Utilizing CRM to document and track progress
What you should have:
- 10+ years’ experience in similar roles; broad and varying experiences as well as international exposure a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in the software space
- A strong understanding of ecosystem strategy and ecosystem management with proven business acumen
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required, advanced degrees a plus
- Can understand and sell a complex analytic software product
- Significant experience in constructing the proper value proposition for ecosystem partners
- Comfortable with challenging status quo, providing a vision and defending a new point of view for a better business outcome on an executive level
- Strong strategic thinking skills – can identify and manage the impact of a given tactic across all stakeholders in the ecosystem
- Demonstrated solid analytical and synthesis skills
- At ease with data-driven planning and execution
- General Manager type, programmatic and curious mindset with peripheral vision
- Ability to work effectively with the direct sales organization
- Can work with the ambiguity and conflict that arises when a direct sales force and an ecosystem partner approach a deal from two different sides
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to influence thinking and shift inertia
- Self-motivated and effective working from a home environment
- Some travel required (post COVID)
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the position of Ecosystem Business Director.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.