Global Vice President of Marketing
Role: Global Vice President of Marketing
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. We love what data can do and so should you. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology uses the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms maintaining our position as an innovation leader. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year proudly expanding our team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
This Global Vice President of Marketing is a pivotal position in the company that will be working closely with CRO and the marketing team (5 and growing) to build a robust marketing strategy with a robust marketing budget. The ideal candidate has been in the SaaS/Software/Data Analytics space with a proven track record of success in both software marketing and team leadership. Communication skills are paramount in this role to influence the management team and galvanize support from cross functional teams. You must be able to think strategically and build well designed marketing plans, while measuring results tied to ROI. Lastly, this person must be a strong leader comfortable flexing their management style in different situations.
This Role Has Two Critical Components
- Be effective at developing and communicating the overall marketing strategy in both our core market and expansion markets while still being able to roll up her/his sleeves to oversee the tactics of a program
- This leader must be highly effective at managing a heterogeneous team where each member brings to the table different motivations, interests, skills and background
The Focus of This Role is to Ensure
- The sales organization sees an increase in MQLs year over year
- Our brand continues to see increased awareness in our core and expansion markets
- Our brand is positioned properly to our core buyers
- We understand the personas we are targeting and what drives them to buy
- We continue to evolve our website, building a strong foundational relationship with customers and prospects while delivering substantial leads to the business
- Our content continues to reinforce Gurobi as the thought leaders in the space
- We architect the most efficient and effective event calendar that manages competing resources effectively
- Our marketing automation system is properly deploying campaigns to the right personas at the right stages of the buyer journey
- Lead scoring is further developed to increase the sales team’s efficiency
- That marketing efforts are sufficiently regionalized around the globe
- Our academic channel efforts are effective at driving early stage awareness of our product
- We continue to hire the best talent for the marketing organization
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and drive the branding of the company, product positioning, value proposition, and go-to-market strategy for Gurobi across the globe
- Oversee all lead and demand generation processes – from webinars and trade shows to social media and SEM
- Work with our content developers, architecting the content strategy to extend our thought leadership position in the marketplace
- Oversee the construction of omni-media campaigns to drive awareness, positioning and revenue growth across all target markets
- Work with sales to develop vertical-specific positioning, branding and content
- Conduct on-going market research to keep abreast of market trends and competitor actions and communicate findings to address and stay ahead of the curve
- Work with the CRO to establish and manage the global marketing budget
- Work closely with the data science manager to understand how mathematical optimization should be marketed to a practicing data scientist – what are the need states, use cases, obstacles, mindsets, learning needs, etc.
What You Should Have
- Minimum 10+ years of broad B2B marketing experience across a range of marketing disciplines
- BA/BS required in a related concentration; MBA with focus on Marketing a plus
- Proven track-record of executing marketing strategies tied to revenue impact
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- The ability to think strategically and carry that thinking into a marketing plan
- An ability and a desire to lead a team of marketers working across multiple markets
- High level of emotional intelligence especially in the areas of self-awareness, empathy and self-motivation
- Strong understanding and proven experience across multiple marketing domains – digital marketing, campaign management, lead generation, content, tradeshows, communities, trainings, webinars, etc.
- Experience marketing in the data science space a plus
- Experience launching an existing product into a new market
- Entrepreneurial spirit with exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive new, ambiguous, and complex projects with minimal oversight
- An evangelist that can rally support for his/her ideas and can stand behind their thinking (not yielding easily to contrarian opinions).
- Ability to manage multiple vendors
- Must be able to work effectively from a home office
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management, sales, support and product development
- 2 years Product Marketing experience
- Experience driving programs into new lines of business
Some Additional Reading About Us
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the position of Global Vice President of Marketing.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.