About Gurobi Optimization
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced commercial solver software in the world. Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by 2,400 companies in over two dozen industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. One of our clients, the National Football League, uses our software each spring to solve one of the most complex scheduling problems in the world. Engineering the optimal NFL schedule that accounts for television rights, rivalries, stadiums, time of day, travel, etc. is a problem with 800 trillion possibilities. Our software finds the optimal solution quickly and with numerical robustness, helping the NFL to maximize the league’s revenue each year. Another customer, SAP, imbeds our optimizer in their Integrated Business Planning (IBP) software allowing hundreds of their clients to quickly and efficiently optimize their supply chains. Gurobi Optimization is a small, privately-held company founded by three experts in mathematical programming in 2008. Our year-over-year growth in the past 6 years has ranged from 15% to 52%, with our current sales year coming in at 25%. Our entire workforce is distributed across 5 countries and everyone works remotely. The business recently received a major investment and is using these funds to further its R&D efforts and expand sales and support. The expansion of the sales organization is being executed to accelerate the growth of the business and expand into new markets.
Gurobi Optimization is looking for people to join our R&D team.
Gurobi Optimization is a leading provider of software libraries for solving mathematical optimization problems. Founded in 2008 by three of the world’s leading experts in computational optimization, Gurobi now provides software libraries to thousands of commercial clients in a variety of different industries. As a result of our rapid growth over the last few years, we’re looking to expand our development team.
- Develop and enhance algorithms for solving mathematical programming problems (LP, QP, QCP, MILP, MIQP, MIQCP, etc.).
- Work closely with a small team of highly skilled software developers. The position will require significant collaborative work, as well as significant independent work.
- Provide internal support, as needed, for our internal product support and marketing functions.
- Develop test cases and product documentation as part of the process of creating and releasing new product capabilities.
- Present new product features and capabilities at technical conferences, and interact with product users.
- PhD in Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
- Three years experience in developing high performance software with a significant mathematical component. To be successful in this position, you must be skilled in understanding, implementing, and extending complex mathematical algorithms.
We are a highly distributed company, with employees all over the world. We are flexible on work location, so long as the candidate can regularly cover urgent support requests from customers in US time zones. We regret that relocation assistance is not available.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the position of Developer.