Highlights of Gurobi Optimizer 5.1
The Release of the Gurobi Optimizer 5.1 Significantly Enhances Performance and Adds New Featues
Gurobi Optimization, Inc. is pleased to announce that Gurobi Optimizer 5.1 will be released on January 9th. With this new version, Gurobi Optimization continues to improve its industry-leading MIP performance and add new features requested by our users.
Some of the MIP enhancements and the new features include:
- 5.4X mean improvement in time to first solution
- 15% mean improvement in time to proven optimality overall
- 40% improvement in time to proven optimality on MIP models which take >1000s to solve
- Visual Studio 2012 support
- Ability to change the random number seed
- MIP start files from the command line
Gurobi (http://www.gurobi.com) is in the business of helping companies solve their hardest problems. In addition to providing the best optimization solver, the company is known for its outstanding support and no-surprises pricing. The Gurobi Optimizer is a state-of-the-art solver for linear programming (LP), quadratic programming (QP), quadratically constrained programming (QCP), mixed-integer linear programming (MILP), mixed-integer quadratic programming (MIQP), and mixed-integer quadratically constrained programming (MIQCP). Gurobi was designed from the ground up to exploit modern architectures and multi-core processors, using the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms. Founded in 2008, Gurobi Optimization is based in Houston, TX, USA.