Retrieving and Setting Up a Gurobi License
Once your license is visible in the Gurobi User Portal, you can review the license details.
Your next step is to install this Gurobi license on your machine. You do this by obtaining a license key file.
We strongly recommend that you place your client
file in a default location for your platform (either your home directory or /opt/gurobi). Setting up
a non-default location is error-prone and a frequent source of
Please consult the
License Type field on the License Details
page for your license to identify your license type.
Click on the appropriate link below to proceed:
- Free Academic
- Named User
- Web License Service (WLS)
- Compute Server
- Instant Cloud
If your license includes the Distributed Add-On and you plan to use any of the Gurobi distributed algorithms, you'll also need to set up Gurobi Remote Services on your distributed worker machines.
- Free Academic license
- Named-User or Single-Machine or Single-Use license
- Web License Service (WLS) client license
- Floating license
- Retrieving a Floating license
- Starting a token server
- Upgrading a token server
- Creating a token server client license
- Compute Server license
- Starting Gurobi Remote Services
- Using an Instant Cloud license
- Testing your license
- Setting environment variables