Account Director – Americas West
About Gurobi Optimization
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced commercial solver software in the world. Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by 2,00 companies in over two dozen industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. One of our clients, the National Football League, uses our software each spring to solve one of the most complex scheduling problems in the world. Engineering the optimal NFL schedule that accounts for television rights, rivalries, stadiums, time of day, travel, etc. is a problem with 800 trillion possibilities. Our software finds the optimal solution quickly and with numerical robustness, helping the NFL to maximize the league’s revenue each year. Another customer, SAP, imbeds our optimizer in their Integrated Business Planning (IBP) software allowing hundreds of their clients to quickly and efficiently optimize their supply chains. Gurobi Optimization is a small, privately-held company founded by three experts in mathematical programming in 2008. Our year-over-year growth in the past six years has ranged from 15% to 52%, with our current sales year coming in at 25%. Our entire workforce is distributed across five countries and everyone works remotely. The business recently received a major investment and is using these funds to further its R&D efforts and expand sales and support. The expansion of the sales organization is being executed to accelerate the growth of the business and expand into new markets. This position reports to the head of Americas sales based in the U.S.
This role has two main responsibilities. First – the Account Director works with our existing client base on the west coast to further Gurobi’s penetration within those customers. Second — this position acts upon all inbound leads across the territory and moves those opportunities through the sales funnel and closes the business. The AD position works aggressively to evangelize Gurobi’s superiority within both large and small customers across myriad industries and countries.
- Drive revenue growth
- Present, promote and sell software to both new buying points at existing customers as well as new inbound leads (prospects)
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Secure and expand relationships with key customers through face-to-face meetings
- Develop expansive customer wiring within each customer organization identifying all key stakeholders in the buying process
- Attend trade shows and company training events to expand customer outreach
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort within the sales organization as well as with various cross functional team members
- Maintain CRM with up-to-date information and provide management with well-informed forecasts
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices, competitive threats and developments in the optimization space
- Continuously improve through both company and independent ongoing development and training
- Must be highly driven with a proven track record of account management success
- Able to sell consultatively with confidence and vigor
- Powerful and effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly and effectively build rapport with others
- Strong critical thinking skills — can reduce complex situations to a simpler form to solve
- Strong negotiation skills backed by formal training
- A methodical and precise approach to the job with a focus on the use of CRM and analytics to run their business
- Able to activate against an inbound lead and then capable of expanding wiring across the necessary stakeholders to get a deal done
- Highly competitive with a desire for achievement
- Self-motivated and effective working from a home environment
- 10+ years selling point solution software to Fortune 500 companies
- Travel 15-20%
- BA/BS degree or equivalent is required
We are a highly distributed company, with employees all over the world. We regret that relocation assistance is not available.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Account Director – Americas West.