Technical Account Manager
About Gurobi Optimization
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced commercial solver software in the world. Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by 2,400 companies in over two dozen industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. One of our clients, the National Football League, uses our software each spring to solve one of the most complex scheduling problems in the world. Engineering the optimal NFL schedule that accounts for television rights, rivalries, stadiums, time of day, travel, etc. is a problem with 800 trillion possibilities. Our software finds the optimal solution quickly and with numerical robustness, helping the NFL to maximize the league’s revenue each year. Another customer, SAP, imbeds our optimizer in their Integrated Business Planning (IBP) software allowing hundreds of their clients to quickly and efficiently optimize their supply chains. Gurobi Optimization is a small, privately-held company founded by three experts in mathematical programming in 2008. Our year-over-year growth in the past 6 years has ranged from 15% to 52%, with our current sales year coming in at 25%. Our entire workforce is distributed across 5 countries and everyone works remotely. The business recently received a major investment and is using these funds to further its R&D efforts and expand sales and support. The expansion of the sales organization is being executed to accelerate the growth of the business and expand into new markets.
Gurobi Optimization is looking for Technical Account Managers to help us make the world a more efficient place.
Are you passionate about optimization?
Do you like to talk about optimization projects?
Join Gurobi as an Optimization Technical Account Manager!
At Gurobi, we are proud of being the leader in mathematical optimization software. Thanks to our growth, we are looking for additional Optimization Technical Account Managers. You will work with prospective customers who use mathematical programming in virtually every industry: transportation, electric power, mining, manufacturing, defense, communications and much more. You will be a key part of making Gurobi customers successful with optimization.
Primary job functions:
- Answer technical questions from prospective customers
- Give technical presentations during sales meetings
- Demonstrate the benefits of Gurobi products
- Relate to diverse teams of managers, analysts, data scientists and IT staff
- Help prospective customers with software questions like APIs and product installation
- Conduct performance tuning for prospective customers
- Scope hardware and software requirements for customer projects
- Present new product features and capabilities at technical conferences and interact with product users at such events
- B.S. in Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Computational experience in linear programming and mixed-integer programming
- Software development in an object-oriented programming language
- Basic system administration skills
We are currently looking for Technical Account Managers in France, Germany and the USA. We are flexible on work location, so long as the candidate can call and visit prospective customers in their region. We regret that relocation assistance is not available.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Optimization Technical Account Manager.