New Directions for Optimization
Solving the World's Toughest Problems
Discover new capabilities in the Gurobi Optimizer
Gurobi CEO and Co-founder Ed Rothberg shares our motivations for some of the recent features we’ve added to the Gurobi Optimizer. He then looks at recent developments in the field and talks about how they are influencing our thinking about potential future directions.
Optimize critical business processes, such as production planning, workforce management, and financial portfolio allocation.
Make the best possible decisions to achieve business goals, such as minimizing costs and maximizing efficiency and revenue growth.
Transform operations by enabling optimal and automated decision-making and execution.
As we enter into the era of 5G, the telecommunications industry is undergoing profound and rapid change. Companies and organizations across the telecommunications value chain – from telecom services providers to telecom equipment manufacturers to government regulators and other key players such as vendors and consultants – must be able to transform their businesses to cope with the changes, overcome the challenges, and capitalize on the opportunities created by the emergence of 5G.
To survive and thrive in the era of 5G, telecom industry players must be able to answer critical and complex questions such as:
- How can we plan, configure, and operate our network to accommodate and monetize the enhanced bandwidth and connectivity of 5G?
- How can we adapt to shifting market conditions, satisfy changing customer preferences, and create new revenue streams?
- How can we leverage 5G to unleash the full potential of cutting-edge technologies such as augmented and virtual reality, Smart Cities, and IoT?
- How can we deploy our resources and manage our supply chains to ensure we are able to satisfy demand for our products and services?
Leading companies across numerous industries use Gurobi’s mathematical optimization solver – in a wide variety of applications – to optimize their supply chain planning, decision making, and operations and keep supply and demand in balance.
With mathematical optimization, you can:
- Attain visibility and control over your end-to-end supply chain network.
- React and respond rapidly and effectively to changing conditions and disruptions across your supply chain.
- Make dynamic, data-driven decisions that optimize your company’s efficiency and profitability.
- Achieve your business goals by balancing cost and service-level tradeoffs – simultaneously satisfying customer demand and spurring bottom-line growth.
- Transform your supply chain from a source of costs into a source of competitive advantage.
Energy and Utilities
Gurobi solvers allow energy and utility companies to respond to the growing demand for services each year. Optimization enables organizations to delicately balance consumer utilization with responsible management of power generation and distribution. Optimization allows companies to turn data into insight by combining economic, social, and environmental considerations into a single mathematical model. Optimization can also be used to help companies mitigate risk and uncertainty in an increasingly competitive market.