Highlights of Gurobi Optimizer 8.0
Gurobi Announces Higher Solver Performance and Expansive Compute Server and Instant Cloud Capabilities
Houston, TX, May 1, 2018 – Gurobi Optimization has released version 8.0 of its leading mathematical programming solver. The latest version improved the overall performance of Gurobi Optimizer while significantly enhancing the features of Gurobi Instant Cloud and Gurobi Compute Server.
“Our newest release — Version 8.0 — has again succeeded in pushing the envelope of solver speed and performance all while delivering exciting new capabilities to our Instant Cloud and Compute Server products,” said Dr. Edward Rothberg, CEO and co-founder of Gurobi Optimization.
Significant Performance Improvements
Performance testing using Gurobi’s test library, consisting of literally thousands of real-world models, shows significant improvements versus the already industry-leading Gurobi v7.5. Specifically, for mixed-integer programming models, v8.0 is 16% faster overall and 26% faster on difficult models that take more than 100 seconds to solve. For linear programming models the dual simplex algorithm in v8.0 is 12% faster overall, a very notable improvement for this class of models.
“I experienced significant performance improvements on many of our harder models with the use of Gurobi Version 8.0,” said Michael Lindahl, Head of Analytics at Portchain
New Compute Server Capabilities
Gurobi Compute Server is now packaged and installed as a separate component and includes a number of new features:
- Support for HTTP and HTTPS for improved security, ease of deployment and robustness
- Clustering capabilities that allow nodes to be added and removed dynamically
- A command line tool to help users monitor and manage their clusters within an easy-to-use dashboard
- A REST API that allows users to programmatically monitor and manage clusters
New Instant Cloud Capabilities
- A job dashboard that shows detailed information on jobs running, queued and processed as well as job status, log files, parameters and metrics
- Pool scaling that allows users to dynamically add or remove machines from pools
- Support for HTTPS to enhance security and robustness
- A REST API for easy access to job information and to control pool scaling
Gurobi (www.gurobi.com) is in the business of helping companies make better decisions through the use of prescriptive analytics. In addition to providing the best math programming solver, as well as tools for distributed optimization and optimization in the cloud, the company is known for its outstanding support and straightforward pricing.
The Gurobi Optimizer is a state-of-the-art solver for linear programming (LP), quadratic programming (QP), quadratically constrained programming (QCP), mixed-integer linear programming (MILP), mixed-integer quadratic programming (MIQP), and mixed-integer quadratically constrained programming (MIQCP). Gurobi was designed from the ground up to exploit modern architectures and multi-core processors, using the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms. Founded in 2008, Gurobi Optimization is based in Houston, TX (+1 713 871 9341).
Mobile: +01 203-391-8027