An Optimization Solver Reimagined
The Gurobi Optimizer was designed from the ground up to be the fastest, most powerful solver available for your LP, QP, QCP, and MIP (MILP, MIQP, and MIQCP) problems. Our code was built to fully exploit parallelism. It’s not a sequential code that was parallelized, but a fundamentally parallel code that you can also choose to run sequentially. Our MIP cutting plane routines are second to none. We’ve also gone beyond cutting-edge versions of all the standard cutting planes and developed new classes of cuts available only in Gurobi. Our advanced MIP heuristics for quickly finding feasible solutions often produce good quality solutions where other solvers fall flat. Our barrier algorithms fully exploit the features of the latest computer architectures. And our APIs are designed to be lightweight, modern and intuitive, so as to minimize your learning curve while maximizing your productivity.
We have added a range of capabilities:
- A Python API that provides the advantages of both a modeling language and a full programming language.
- Support for models with multiple, competing objectives and two options to solve them.
- The ability to directly solve models with piecewise-linear objective functions, to better capture certain non-linear problems.
- The ability to express common modeling constructs like min or max or if/then at a higher level, making such models easier to build and maintain,
- Powerful and flexible client-server and cloud capabilities to help you develop and deploy where and how you want to any number of users on a broad range of platforms.
Below is an extensive list of Gurobi's technical features, details and benefits.
|Features||Detail||Benefit for You|
|Outstanding solve times||
||Add complexity to your model to better represent the real world, and still solve your model within the available time.|
||Model your problem the way that works best for you.|
|Extremely robust code||
||Have confidence in your results.|
|Programming and modeling languages||
||Maximize your productivity by working in the language you are most comfortable with.|
|Additional modeling features||
||More easily turn your model into code|
|Extensions for Python API||
||Take advantage of a single, powerful, environment designed for both modeling and application development.|
||The license fits to your situation.|
||More easily share optimization power and machines for your developers and users.|
||You don’t have to buy and maintain a machine, just pick the one that meets your needs.|
||Get answers when you need them — in hours, not days.|
|Continuous model features||
|Mixed-Integer model features||
Request a Price Quote
Please fill out this form if you’re interested in receiving a price quote. Can’t see the form? Please email email@example.com to request pricing.
Note to Academic Users: Academic users at recognized degree-granting institutions can get a free academic license. You can learn about our academic program here.