System Support Administrator
Role: System Support Administrator
Reports to: IT Director
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. We love what data can do and so should you. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology uses the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms maintaining our position as an innovation leader. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year proudly expanding our team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
The System Support Administrator will be providing direct support of infrastructure and end user systems and services. We are a heavily Mac shop with infrastructure comprised of AWS and on-prem Linux hosts, as well as VMWare boxes. The role provides first response of server incidents, management of trouble ticketing and daily maintenance / monitoring of core systems, while also providing support to end user systems. We rely on many different applications and solutions to support our employees, including LDAP, Docker, GIT,
JumpCloud and Microsoft 365. We are a 100% remote workforce since before the pandemic and will continue that methodology, using collaborative systems like MS Teams. Any candidate should expect and thrive in that sort of environment where video chat is the norm and your teammates are spread around the globe!
What you should have:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Linux/Mac/Windows
- The ability to start work at 8am Eastern Time (6am MT, 5am PT)
- Experience or understanding of AWS, LDAP, Docker, GIT, JumpCloud, MS365
- A customer service oriented mindset to help us support the teams that build and bring our products to market, from development to finance and sales
- A good foundation in cybersecurity
- The ability to build automation and integration using scripting or programming languages; ie Python, PHP
- Experience with automation tools for tasks such as imaging, configuration management, etc.
- Experience with software licenses and license servers.
- Solid understanding of networking and security fundamentals
- Well organized with strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with remote teams
- Calm and personable under pressure
- Flexibility to evolve and change with varying responsibilities.
Above all, we need a person who can fit well with our multicultural team, helping to build a better Gurobi
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of System Support Administrator.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.