Telecom Account Director
Role: Telecom Account Director
Reports to: Director of Sales, Americas East & Brazil
Travel post Covid: 30-40%
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. We love what data can do and so should you. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology uses the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms maintaining our position as an innovation leader. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year proudly expanding our team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
With your experience selling to the telecom industry and understanding of the key drivers of this vertical market, you will the lead the expansion of Gurobi’s business with communications service providers (CSPs). Leading industry players already embrace Gurobi as the tool of choice to tackle their most challenging optimization problems.
Players in the telecommunications value chain – from CSPs to equipment manufacturers to government regulators, as well as vendors and consultants – must find new agility, cost efficiency and definitive answers to complex questions in order to cope with uncertainty and capitalize on opportunities. Those who sustain leading positions will be world-class at optimizing forward-looking business models that inform the bold decisions they must make.
Gurobi’s strong industry presence includes customers such as AT&T, the FCC, Vodafone and Huawei. You will leverage your industry expertise to accelerate our growth, in collaboration with executive, marketing, technical, product and partner stakeholders. This role has direct revenue responsibilities and reports to the Director of Sales, Americas East & Brazil, based in NY.
What you’ll be doing
- Building out a comprehensive telecom industry strategy that extends the reach of Gurobi.
- Achieving assigned revenue targets.
- Understanding the interplay of different stakeholders in the mathematical optimization – both upstream and downstream in the vertical market.
- Owning the relationship with consulting firms and other CSP partners.
- Engaging all players in the market, across channels, to keep them current on product enhancements (releases), pricing changes, marketing efforts, etc.
- Documenting and tracking your process in the CRM and other platforms.
What you should have
- 10+ years selling point solution software to Fortune 500 companies.
- Must have a solid understanding of the telecom value chain.
- 7+ years’ experience in Sales or Account Management roles; broad and varying experiences, as well as international exposure a plus.
- 5+ years experience in technology sales.
- 5+ years direct experience selling to the telecom industry.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required, advanced degrees a plus.
- Experience at a consulting firm specialized in the telecom industry is a plus.
- Comfortable with challenging status quo, providing a vision and defending a new point of view for a better business outcome on an executive level.
- Strong strategic thinking skills – can identify and manage the impact of a given tactic across all stakeholders
- Demonstrated solid analytical and synthesis skills
- At ease with data-driven planning and execution
- A programmatic and curious mindset with peripheral vision
- Ability to work effectively with the direct sales organization
- Can work with the ambiguity and conflict that arises when a direct sales force and a partner approach a deal from two different sides
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to influence thinking and shift inertia
- Self-motivated and effective working from a home environment
- Some travel required (post COVID)
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Telecom Account Director.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.