Gurobi Optimizer - Gurobi Cloud
Using Gurobi Cloud, you can run the Gurobi Optimizer on as many machines as you like for as long as you like, without having to purchase new computers or new Gurobi licenses. This helps make the most of the optimization resources you have in-house, allowing you to access additional machines as needed on the cloud. One potential application (among many) is to use the cloud to rapidly scale available capacity to handle spikes in demand.
New: Easier to Use, Supports More Platforms, and Offers More Features
With the introduction of version 5.5 of the Gurobi Optimizer, we've made significant fundamental changes to our cloud offering:
- Easier to start up instances — With version 5.5, it is much easier to launch instances of Gurobi in the Cloud.
- Full set of Compute Server features — The enhanced Gurobi Cloud provides all of the client-server capabilities of our new Compute Server, including queuing, load balancing, and automatic failover. You can learn more on our Compute Server Overview page.
- Expanded support for different platforms — In addition to supporting Linux, the Gurobi Cloud now also supports various Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Gurobi technical support included — Now, regardless of whether you choose an hourly or monthly plan, you'll have direct access to Gurobi's outstanding technical support.
Each Cloud instance (machine) allows an unlimited number of users and uses. The revised Gurobi Cloud also allows an unlimited number of client machines.
Supported in Data Centers Around the World
Gurobi Cloud is hosted on the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). To reduce communication latencies, we now allow you to use all Regions of Amazon Web Services around the world:
- Northern California, Oregon, and Northern Virginia
- São Paulo
- Singapore, Tokyo, and Sydney
To best meet your needs, you can choose machines with different capabilities (up to 8 cores and 68GB of RAM), and you can choose to pay either by the hour or by the month.
How to Get Started
Getting started is simple:
- Before your first use of the Gurobi Cloud, you must sign up for an account on Amazon Web Services.
- Whenever you need a cloud instance, you can start it quickly and easily using the AWS Console.
We also provide a free demo server that allows you to quickly test to make sure your computer will be able to connect to Gurobi Cloud.
Full details can be found in the Gurobi Cloud Guide.