Globally Optimal Solutions and Performance Improvements
With Gurobi 11.0, users can quickly identify precise, globally optimal solutions to complex nonlinear problems—from domains such as chemical engineering, electricity flow, and price optimization. This advancement marks a significant step forward in solving real-world nonlinear problems with Gurobi.
Additionally, this new version delivers a key enhancement to our popular tuning tool, enabling teams to share resources across multiple users and jobs when tuning. Moreover, the Cluster Manager features single sign-on capabilities for streamlined integration into enterprise software stacks.
Overall (>1 sec)
On Hard Models (>100sec)
“For nonconvex problems, we achieved several key milestones, including being able to solve MINLPs to global optimality and achieving a 5.8x speed-up on nonconvex MIQCP.”
Dr. Tobias Achterberg
Vice President of Research and Development, Gurobi Optimization
In addition to speed enhancements, Gurobi 11.0 includes a full suite of new features, many of which are based specifically on user requests.
- Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Programming (MINLP) Problems – Quickly identify precise, globally optimal solutions to complex nonlinear problems.
- Dynamic Distributed Tuning – With this key enhancement to Gurobi’s popular tuning tool, teams can now share resources across multiple users and jobs when tuning.
- Improved Concurrent LP Controls – For both deterministic and non-deterministic LP, users can now select precisely which algorithms should be run in a concurrent fashion.
- New SolutionTarget Option – A new SolutionTarget setting allows users who do not need an optimal basis to obtain faster solutions to LP problems.
“Our new global nonlinear solving capabilities will make a big impact for customers. Rather than settling for best-guess solutions, customers will be able to quickly identify precise, globally optimal solutions. This can translate into major cost efficiencies for organizations.”
Gurobi Cluster Manager and Compute Server
- SAML Integration – Users can now enjoy centralized user access management and single sign-on (SSO) capabilities through Gurobi’s seamless integration with SAML-based identity management systems, in addition to existing support for LDAP.
- Cosmos DB Support – Gurobi now supports Microsoft® Azure® Cosmos DB®, in addition to existing support for MongoDB® and Amazon® DocumentDB®, for enhanced flexibility when deploying compute clusters.
- Usability Enhancements – The Gurobi Cluster Manager delivers a new look-and-feel and now offers username case sensitivity controls, improved date formatting, and support for the latest HTTP security headers.
- Time and Memory Limit Enforcement – Gurobi Compute Server includes new parameters for enforcing time and memory limits.
"With the addition of the SAML 2.0 authentication and the support of the CosmosDB database, we continue to demonstrate our dedication to seamless enterprise integration while providing a modern and user-friendly environment to deploy the Gurobi Optimizer.”
The sooner you upgrade, the sooner you can start enjoying our latest release.
Here's how to upgrade:
- Log into your Gurobi account and download the latest version from the Download Center
- View the Knowledge Base Article: How do I update my Gurobi installation to a newer version?
- If you have an expired license, a license for an older version, or a license without M&S, please email email@example.com or contact your sales representative directly.
Updated End User License Agreements
Try Gurobi 11.0 for free – Get Your Evaluation License Now
If you don’t have a license and would like to try Gurobi 11.0 as a commercial user, you can request an evaluation license now.
Customer Support Policy
Starting with Gurobi 10.0, major product releases—and their subsequent minor and technical product releases—will be supported for a term of three years from the initial major product release date. For example, Gurobi version 10.0.0 (released in November 2022) and minor releases between 10.0 and 11.0 will be supported until November 2025. You can learn more here.
On-Demand Webinar: What's New in Gurobi 11.0
In this webinar, get a first look at our latest product release, Gurobi 11.0. We will summarize the performance improvements and highlight some of the underlying algorithmic advances, such as solving MINLPs to global optimality, new parameters to control LP and concurrent LP solves, and dynamic distributed tuning.
Moreover, learn about new features of the Cluster Manager including usability improvements, database support, and user management. We will explain more specifically the centralized user access management and single sign-on (SSO) capabilities through Gurobi’s seamless integration with SAML-based identity management systems, in addition to existing support for LDAP.
Or watch the Chinese version of this webinar, hosted by Dr. Zonghao Gu, Gurobi’s Chief Technical Officer and Co-founder.