Power & Utilities Account Director
Role: Power & Utilities Account Director
Reports to: Director of Sales – Americas West
Travel post Covid: 30-40%
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. We love what data can do and so should you. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology uses the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms maintaining our position as an innovation leader. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year proudly expanding our team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
This role spearheads our push into the broader area of Power and Utilities. This industry tackles some of the most challenging optimization problems in existence and Gurobi should be the tool of choice. We already have a strong presence in several U.S. ISOs and are the go-to solution for the U.S. Department of Energy’s R&D efforts. Our CEO, Dr. Ed Rothberg, was hand chosen by the Dept. of Energy to consult on cutting-edge techniques to optimize power production and distribution. We have been successful abroad in this vertical and over the past year, we have come to realize that growth can be further accelerated in the U.S. with the right industry expertise. Our intent is to have this role engage with all key stakeholders across the power and utilities spectrum – from operations research to data science to the business decision makers looking for solutions to their most pressing problems. This role has direct revenue responsibilities and reports to the Director of Sales – Americas West based in Utah.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building out a comprehensive power/utilities strategy that extends the reach of Gurobi
- Achieving assigned revenue targets
- Understanding the interplay of different stakeholders in the math optimization – both upstream of us in the vertical as well as downstream
- Designing attractive incentive plans for partners to drive loyalty and deployment of Gurobi
- Working with marketing to design campaigns and activities that both attract partners to Gurobi as well as promote them jointly with Gurobi
- Administering the Gurobi consulting partner program and modifying it to drive better outcomes for both sides
- Managing the Developer License program
- Owning the relationship with consulting firms and other utility partners and playing a liaison role to the direct sales force
- Keeping open communication channels with all power/utility members so they stay current on product enhancements (releases), pricing changes, marketing efforts, etc.
- Utilizing CRM to document and track progress
What You Should Have
- 10+ years’ experience in AM or Sales roles; broad and varying experiences as well as international exposure a plus
- 7+ years’ experience in the software space
- 5+years in the power industry
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required, advanced degrees a plus
- Must have a solid understanding of the players in the space across the entire ecosystem – power generation, power transmission, electricity distribution and electricity retailing.
- Must have direct experience selling to/working with ISOs and RTOs
- Experience working at or with a consulting firm that specializes in the power industry Experience working at or with a consulting firm that specializes in the power industry is a plus (GE, ABB and Siemens being the big 3)
- Have built experience and relationships across the landscape that can be leveraged immediately.
- Can understand and sell a complex analytic software product
- Significant experience in constructing the proper value proposition for utility partners
- Comfortable with challenging status quo, providing a vision and defending a new point of view for a better business outcome on an executive level
- Strong strategic thinking skills – can identify and manage the impact of a given tactic across all stakeholders
- Demonstrated solid analytical and synthesis skills
- At ease with data-driven planning and execution
- A programmatic and curious mindset with peripheral vision
- Ability to work effectively with the direct sales organization
- Can work with the ambiguity and conflict that arises when a direct sales force and a partner approach a deal from two different sides
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to influence thinking and shift inertia
- Self-motivated and effective working from a home environment
- Some travel required (post COVID)
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Power & Utilities Account Director.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.