Role: Assistant Controller
Reports to: Global Controller
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced and respected commercial solver software in the world. Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by over 2,500 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. One of our clients, the NFL, maximizes league revenue by solving one of the world’s most complex scheduling problems – one with 800 trillion possible solutions. Other clients include, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, SAP to name a few. The size of the organization has tripled in 3 years to keep up with our growth ambitions. While growth does require the business to evolve and change over time, we stay centered on our 5 core values: Customer Focus, Integrity, Dedication, Innovation and The Power of the Team.
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three renowned experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. Gurobi’s vision is to spread the power of mathematical optimization across the globe, making it a tool for every complex decision. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology is consistently rated as the innovation leader in the marketplace. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year, proudly expanding our team across more than 10 different countries, all working remotely.
This Asst. Controller role supports the global Accounting and Finance team and is specifically responsible for the accounting and reporting Gurobi GmbH (German subsidiary of U.S. parent company) and it’s branches, including the month end close process, tax compliance support, the production of the monthly reporting packages, and the annual budgets and forecasting process for this fast-growing global software and SAAS company. This position reports to the parent company Controller and is remote (work from home) like all other positions at Gurobi.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner closely with the parent company Finance team as well as other operational teams across the business, with responsibility for financial reporting, consolidation, tax, intercompany transactions, management accounting, and regulatory/statutory reporting for Gurobi GmbH and it’s branches.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly close related activities, including journal entry, balance sheet and P&L reviews, as well as execute the day-to-day bookkeeping, payroll, AP and cash flow needs of the regional business
- Support corporate finance in preparing forecasts and budgets and planning for both short term and long-term objectives, including driving commercial analysis, enabling the growth of sales teams, and building the business case for new initiatives
- Assess GmbH accounting and administration staffing as growth continues
What you should have:
- Minimum 5 years of finance and accounting experience with exposure to tech/software growth stage companies
- Chartered accountant (CPA equivalent) or ACCA/AICPA qualification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Experience with US GAAP/IFRS and international statutory reporting requirements
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Willingness to be hands-on across multiple components of finance and accounting — including banking, payroll, invoicing, etc. — while remaining ‘big picture’.
- Comfortable working from home in a virtual environment
- Fluent in German and English. French a plus.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Assistant Controller.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.