The Latest Enhancements – Version 8.1
Higher performance and new product features
Gurobi Optimizer v8.1 continues to push the envelope of solver speed and performance. The overall v8.1 performance improvements versus v8.0 include:
- MIQP is more than a factor of 2.8x faster overall, and more than a factor of 6x faster on difficult models that take more than 100 seconds to solve.
- MIQCP is 38% faster overall, and 92% faster on difficult models that take more than 100 seconds to solve.
- LP in default settings is 2.9% faster overall, and 6.5% faster on difficult models that take more than 100 seconds to solve.
- LP barrier is 4.4% faster overall, and 11% faster on difficult models that take more than 100 seconds to solve.
- LP dual simplex is 4.2% faster overall, and 10.5% faster on difficult models that take more than 100 seconds to solve.
We are happy to help you benchmark your models with Gurobi v8.1. Please email us at email@example.com.
- Gurobi Instant Cloud now supports Microsoft Azure®: Instant Cloud users can now use Microsoft Azure, in several regions.
- Gurobi Instant Cloud adds faster and more powerful machines on Amazon EC2®: The new version supports c5, r5 and z1 instance types.
- New Q matrix linearization for MIQP and MIQCP models: We added a new Q matrix linearization approach in presolve. This new option can be chosen by setting parameter PreQLinearize to the new value of 2.
- Improved Mac Installation Package: Users no longer need to install Xcode to perform the installation.
- Support for Python 3.7: We have added support for Python 3.7 on Windows, Linux and Mac platforms.
- A callback function for multi-objective optimization: We now let users terminate optimization for individual objectives for multi-objective MIP models.
With Version 8.1, Gurobi continues to show its commitment to providing the best solvers, features and support to help you succeed with optimization.
Upgrading is Easy
- Commercial users current on their Maintenance and Support — Simply download and install Gurobi 8.1, and then rerun the grbgetkey process with your current license(s). Your license(s) have already been updated to work with Gurobi 8.1. To find the code for your license simply go to http://www.gurobi.com/downloads/user/licenses/current (while logged in), click on the license you wish to use with Gurobi 8.1, and you will see the grbgetkey code near the bottom of the page.
- Academic users of the free academic version of Gurobi — Academic users who obtained their license from the Gurobi website should go to http://www.gurobi.com/downloads/user/licenses/free-academic and request a new academic license. Academic users who obtained their license directly from Gurobi’s license team should follow the process for commercial users current on their M&S shown above.
- All other users — Please contact Gurobi Sales to discuss upgrade options.
Enhancements in Prior Versions of Gurobi
You may also be interested in viewing a list of enhancements from v4.0 to v8.0 on our Prior Versions page.