About Gurobi Optimization
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced commercial solver software in the world. Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by 2,400 companies in over two dozen industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. One of our clients, the National Football League, uses our software each spring to solve one of the most complex scheduling problems in the world. Engineering the optimal NFL schedule that accounts for television rights, rivalries, stadiums, time of day, travel, etc. is a problem with 800 trillion possibilities. Our software finds the optimal solution quickly and with numerical robustness, helping the NFL to maximize the league’s revenue each year. Another customer, SAP, imbeds our optimizer in their Integrated Business Planning (IBP) software allowing hundreds of their clients to quickly and efficiently optimize their supply chains. Gurobi Optimization is a small, privately-held company founded by three experts in mathematical programming in 2008. Our year-over-year growth in the past 6 years has ranged from 15% to 52%, with our current sales year coming in at 25%. Our entire workforce is distributed across 5 countries and everyone works remotely. The business recently received a major investment and is using these funds to further its R&D efforts and expand sales and support. The expansion of the sales organization is being executed to accelerate the growth of the business and expand into new markets.
Gurobi Optimization is looking for Support Engineers to help us make the world a more efficient place
Are you passionate about optimization?
Do your friends and family come to you for help with computers?
Join Gurobi as an Optimization Support Engineer!
At Gurobi, we are proud of being the leader in software and support for mathematical optimization. Thanks to our growth, we are looking for additional Optimization Support Engineers. You will work with customers across the globe who use mathematical programming in virtually every industry: transportation, electric power, mining, manufacturing, defense, communications and much more. You will be a key part of making Gurobi customers successful with optimization.
Primary job functions:
- Respond to technical support questions via email and phone
- Be available for urgent requests during business hours in the US or Europe
- Help customers with software questions like APIs and product installation
- Conduct performance tuning for customer models
- Write technical articles for the Gurobi website
- Present new product features and capabilities at technical conferences, and interact with product users at such events
- Must be highly driven with a proven track record of account management success
- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Computational experience in linear programming and mixed-integer programming
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Software development in an object-oriented programming language
- Basic system administration skills
We are a highly distributed company, with employees all over the world. We are flexible on work location, so long as the candidate can regularly cover urgent support requests from customers in US time zones. We regret that relocation assistance is not available.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Support Engineer.