Data Science Evangelist
The Data Science Technical Evangelist is a technical marketing role that reports into the Marketing organization. The successful candidate will bring their knowledge of data science, together with knowledge of decision modeling techniques and tools, in order to drive awareness, trials, and adoption of Gurobi products and services. This person will interact with internal business partners as a subject matter expert on the data science audience, workflow, and decision drivers, and will influence messaging strategy and sales strategy.
Ideally you’ll possess a background as a hands-on AI/ML practitioner, and can immediately earn credibility with both technical and business audiences. You are excited about sharing your knowledge and passion for using data and modern software tools for solving some of the world’s toughest business problems. You also have a bias towards action, and love to take a “test and learn” approach to everything you do. This is an opportunity for a fast learner, and strategic thinker, to make their mark on the data science and math optimization industry.
- Support the Marketing team as a subject matter expert through audience research, knowledge sharing, and content creation for the data science audience; will regularly attend and present at conferences, tradeshows, webinars; will contribute to training content creation
- Develop and deliver presentations, product demos, jupyter notebooks, screencasts, white papers, videos, and sample python code to support product training and adoption
- Identify and assess opportunities for partnerships in the AI/ML space
- Collaborate with internal teams to inform the product strategy and direction
- Identify new opportunities, communities, and vehicles for reaching the AI/ML community
- Track and monitor industry trends, competing commercial offerings, and open-source alternatives; advise internal stakeholders on strategies to expand our market
- Train and enable sales teams; function as a subject matter expert in the sales process
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the field of data science
- Experience in a technical marketing or product marketing role
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or computer science; advanced degree considered favorably
- Knowledge of python and technical frameworks commonly used in data science requirements
- An ability to work effectively across sales, marketing, R&D and management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly and effectively build rapport with others
- Strong critical thinking skills – able to translate complex concepts into simple, easy-to-understand terms
- Self-motivated and effective working in a remote environment
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the Technical Evangelist – Data Science and Mathematical Optimization opening.