Continuous Production Account Director
Role: Continuous Production Account Director
Reports to: Director of Sales Verticals
Travel post Covid: 30%-40%
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced and respected commercial solver software in the world. Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by over 2,500 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. One of our clients, the NFL, maximizes league revenue by solving one of the world’s most complex scheduling problems – one with 800 trillion possible solutions. Other clients include, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, SAP to name a few. The size of the organization has tripled in 3 years to keep up with our growth ambitions. While growth does require the business to evolve and change over time, we stay centered on our 5 core values: Customer Focus, Integrity, Dedication, Innovation and The Power of the Team.
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three renowned experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. Gurobi’s vision is to spread the power of mathematical optimization across the globe, making it a tool for every complex decision. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology is consistently rated as the innovation leader in the marketplace. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year, proudly expanding our team across more than 10 different countries, all working remotely.
The Continuous Production Account Director in this role will bring deep industry experience (Continuous Production defined as a flow production method used produce, or process materials without interruption), strategic thinking, customer obsession, a passion for innovation and best practice sharing, all while showing they can deliver exceptional results over time. This individual will be a strong virtual team leader, able to cultivate relationships with senior management and manage across functional teams. Critical skills include the ability to identify new market opportunities, models, and solution gaps; articulate business value and outcomes; and build strategies around market requirements.
In order to help the team create and advise others on the appropriate solutions portfolio, the Continuous Production Account Director will drive a deep understanding of customer business issues, context, challenges and strategic direction (both with the customer, and within the industry the customer operates), as well as have an understanding of the partner ecosystem relevant to industry solutions and local markets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building out a comprehensive continuous production strategy that extends the reach of Gurobi
- Achieving assigned revenue targets
- Understanding the interplay of different stakeholders in the math optimization – both upstream of us in the vertical as well as downstream
- Understand the maintainence of manufacturing methods, techniques, processes, and tooling from sub-assemblies to final products
- Have a good understanding continuous manufacturing strategies, systems, and improvement processes
- Designing attractive incentive plans for partners to drive loyalty and deployment of Gurobi
- Working with marketing to design campaigns and activities that both attract partners to Gurobi as well as promote them jointly with Gurobi
- Administering the Gurobi consulting partner program and modifying it to drive better outcomes for both sides
- Managing the Developer License program
- Owning the relationship with consulting firms and other partners and playing a liaison role to the direct sales force
- Keeping open communication channels with all manufacturing members so they stay current on product enhancements (releases), pricing changes, marketing efforts, etc.
- Utilizing CRM to document and track progress
What you should have:
- 10+ years’ experience in AM or Sales roles; broad and varying experiences as well as international exposure a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in the software space
- 5+years’ experience in understanding the continuous production space, e.g., Oil refining, Chemicals, Polymers, Synthetic Fibers, Pulp & Paper, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required; engineering degree and/or advanced degrees a plus
- Must have a solid understanding of the players in the space across the entire ecosystem
- This vision will be rooted robust problem-solving techniques, cost effective solutions to maintain competitive positions for customers in this segment
- Have built experience and relationships across the landscape that can be leveraged immediately.
- Can understand and sell a complex analytic software product; consultative selling experience a plus
- Significant experience in constructing the proper value proposition for manufacturing partners
- Comfortable with challenging status quo, providing a vision and defending a new point of view for a better business outcome on an executive level
- Strong strategic thinking skills – can identify and manage the impact of a given tactic across all stakeholders
- Demonstrated solid analytical and synthesis skills
- At ease with data-driven planning and execution
- A programmatic and curious mindset with peripheral vision
- Ability to work effectively with the direct sales organization
- Can work with the ambiguity and conflict that arises when a direct sales force and a partner approach a deal from two different sides
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to influence thinking and shift inertia
- Self-motivated and effective working from a home environment
- Some travel required (post COVID)
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the position of Continuous Production Account Director.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.