Director of Product Marketing
Role: Director of Product Marketing
Reports to: Global Head of Marketing
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced and well-known commercial solver software in the world. Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by over 2,400 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. One of our clients, the NFL, maximizes league revenue by solving one of the world’s most complex scheduling problems – one with 800 trillion possible solutions. Other clients include, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, SAP to name a few. The size of the organization has tripled in 3 years.
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. We love what data can do and so should you. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology uses the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms maintaining our position as an innovation leader. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year proudly expanding our team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
We have experienced tremendous growth and as a result, we’re hiring a Director of Product Marketing to help drive continued business expansion in new and existing markets. Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing, the candidate must have significant experience in Product Marketing. The Director of Product Marketing will be the liaison between Product Development, Marketing and Sales to effectively communicate and educate both our internal team members and external customers about our products. You will be responsible for developing positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation, sales and marketing assets as well as leading our competitive and market intelligence programs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive and manage launch planning and execution.
- Communicate release schedules and enhancements to internal teams.
- Work closely with development and advise on enhancements and feature sets based on customer
- feedback, requirements and priorities.
- Provide insight into the product strategy and roadmap based on market trends, market opportunity,
- customer needs and competitive analysis.
- Drive the creation of product demos across teams.
- Participate in the development and implementation of our strategic and tactical marketing plans with a focus on the company’s product offering.
- Insights on new markets, market requirements and GTM Strategy.
- Work cross-functionally to develop pricing strategy and product branding.
- Conduct thorough analysis of the existing customer base to develop a deep understanding of the key customer segments, corresponding business trends, buying stages, product penetration, and route to market for each segment.
- Serve as solution evangelist with prospects, customers, the analyst community and the media.
- Drive Gurobi’s customer feedback programs (e.g., customer satisfaction/NPS, surveys).
- Lead the analyst relations program and ecosystem.
- Develop and manage customer programs (e.g., user forums, groups, Customer Advisory Council).
- Develop and lead our competitive and market intelligence. Monitor and analyze the competition and deliver competitive insights, strategies and tactics.
- Create a sales enablement COE. Develop collateral, tools and training to enable the global sales team (e.g. messaging, positioning, buyer personas, competitive differentiation sales playbooks, battlecards, presentations and training programs).
- Assist sales with onsite presentations.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to develop innovative programs that drive demand.
- Conduct Win/Loss interviews and perform ongoing analysis.
- Provides guidance and feedback to the management team with regard to the overall market and competitive landscape. Identify new markets and opportunities.
What you should have:
- 8+ years product marketing experience with a focus on software marketing.
- At least 2 years in a market facing role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Previous product management experience a plus.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- Aptitude to assess market needs to position, price and promote the product, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent presentation creation and delivery skills and a proven understanding of the go-to-market process.
- Strong proven experience with developing and successfully implementing product strategy and the ability to articulate and evangelize in a dynamic, competitive environment.
- Ability to travel post-covid.
- Powerful and effective oral and written communication skills to engage both customers and prospects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly and effectively build rapport with others.
- Solid capability to communicate technical and complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work effectively across Sales, Marketing, R&D, TAMS, Support and Management.
- Strong work ethic, be self-motivated and effective working from a home environment.
- Competence to deliver against timelines and milestones effectively.