AMPL Installation Wizard
Here are instructions to install AMPL-Gurobi on Microsoft Windows:
- Unzip the supplied AMPL-Gurobi file, which will be named something like
amplgurobi9.5.2_mswin64.zip. This will create a folder called AMPL, which contains the AMPL-Gurobi software. (Note that your unzip utility may embed this AMPL folder inside a folder such as
- Move this AMPL folder to your preferred location. Virtually any folder will work such as
- You will need a license key for AMPL - even if you already have a license key for the standalone Gurobi Optimizer. To get system information needed for a license key, use the supplied Scrolling Window program
sw.exe, which is described in detail in the User Guide. Open the folder where AMPL is installed, run
sw.exe, then type the command:
fingerprint -o fp.outThis will generate a fingerprint file named
fp.outin the AMPL folder. To request your license key (after we have received your payment or a Gurobi sales representative has approved your request to evaluate AMPL), email the
fp.outfile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you receive your license key, simply copy the license key file to the folder where AMPL is installed.
- If you are configuring a floating license server for AMPL-Gurobi, please follow the additional instructions for ampl_lic.