Typical software Quality Assurance and testing methodologies cannot accommodate the special needs of optimization-based applications. As evidenced by the collaboration of Gurobi Premier Partner Princeton Consultants and Gurobi customer Remsoft, advanced analytics review and validation is based on expertise in modeling, mathematical optimization algorithms, numerical computing, solvers, and deployment of optimization systems. Irv Lustig, Ph.D., optimization principal at Princeton Consultants, and Ugo Feunekes, co-founder and CTO of Remsoft, will examine how a proven QA methodology uncovered performance issues and improvements that had eluded in-house Remsoft experts for several years, reduced solution times on some problems from hours to minutes, and generated recommendations to increase the reliability and robustness of Remsoft’s software. This 35-minute webinar recording includes:
- Common problems caused by the lack of proper QA
- Steps of successful optimization model review and validation
- Vital questions for a model reviewer
- Precision and accuracy issues in optimization models
- How to leverage Gurobi technology and services
You can download the materials associated with this webinar here.