Learn about Gurobi’s C++ API.
Learn about Gurobi’s Java API.
Learn about Gurobi’s .NET API.
Learn about Gurobi’s Python API.
Learn about Gurobi’s C API.
MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numerical computation. MATLAB can be used for a wide range of applications, including communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
- Gurobi offers a fully supported interface for accessing Gurobi from MATLAB.
- This MATLAB interface gives MATLAB users access to a solver that is more versatile and delivers higher overall performance than the standard MATLAB offering.
- While there is already a good 3rd party open source MATLAB interface available, we’ve built one in to help more people get started faster due to its tighter integration, availability across all platforms, and included Gurobi technical support.
Learn more about using MATLAB and Gurobi.
R is an open-source language and environment for statistical computing and graphics capable of handling large and complex data sets.
R distinguishes itself from other languages in that it was created by statisticians for statisticians. It’s loaded with features required for everyday statistical analysis and is in tune with how statisticians think.
- The Gurobi R interface allows you to combine the statistical computing capabilities of the R language with the optimization capabilities of the Gurobi Optimizer.
- You can solve linear, quadratic, and second-order cone programming problems, including the mixed-integer extensions of all of these, all from within the R environment.
Learn more about using R and Gurobi.
Standard Modeling Languages
To use Gurobi with AIMMS, GAMS, and AMPL, please contact us to purchase a Gurobi license directly. Learn how to switch between modeling languages.
AIMMS is a development environment for building optimization (operations research) based solutions to support business decisions.
AIMMS distinguishes itself from other optimization software through its advanced modeling concepts, graphical user interface for developers and end-users, and the variety of deployment options.
- You can seamlessly use the Gurobi Optimizer with the AIMMS modeling language.
GAMS is a high-level modeling system for mathematical programming and optimization consisting of both a language compiler and a stable of high-performance solvers.
- You can seamlessly use the Gurobi Optimizer with the GAMS modeling language.
- GAMS is tailored for complex, large-scale modeling applications, allowing you to build large maintainable models that can be adapted quickly to new situations.
Learn about using AMPL and Gurobi.
MPL allows the model developer to formulate complicated optimization models in a clear, concise, and efficient way.
MPL offers a natural algebraic notation with outstanding expressive power, readability, and user-friendliness. MPL is among the fastest and most scalable optimization modeling software on the market today.
- State-of-the-art simplex-based linear programming, quadratic programming, and mixed-integer programming solvers from within the user-friendly Windows environment of MPL.
- The Gurobi solver is accessed from MPL for Windows as a Dynamic Link Library (DLL). This tight integration allows MPL users to transparently access Gurobi solution algorithms from their MPL application.
IMPL (Industrial Modeling and Programming Language), provided by Industrial Algorithms Limited, is specifically engineered for large-scale, complex and time-varying industrial optimization and estimation problems found in for example, the batch and continuous process industries, to capture significant economical, efficiency and environmental benefits. IMPL is a structural- and semantic-based language making it easily and quickly deployable in both off-line and on-line commercial operating environments. Not only is the power of the Gurobi Optimizer used to solve its discrete and dynamic (MILP) optimization problems but Gurobi’s LP and QP are wrapped into IMPL’s Successive Linear Programming and Quadratic Programming Engine (SLPQPE) to solve nonlinear and dynamic design, planning, scheduling and control optimization problems fast and reliably.
Now the same Gurobi license can be used both inside of Excel via Frontline’s Platform-level solver products and outside of Excel in any of Gurobi’s supported programming languages.
Premium Solver Platform with Gurobi
Premium Solver Platform with Gurobi is the most powerful optimization tool available for Excel, combining the power of Gurobi with the ease of use and presentation capabilities of Excel.
- Build a prototype or a full model of virtually any size
- Get better answers to even the hardest problems
- Identify and understand trade-offs in alternative solutions
- Use comprehensive reporting and charting to share your results
Risk Solver Platform (and Analytics Solver Platform) with Gurobi
Risk Solver Platform with Gurobi offers all the powerful conventional optimization capabilities of Premium Solver Platform plus Monte Carlo simulation, decision trees, simulation optimization, and stochastic optimization capabilities.
- Understand the range of potential outcomes given uncertainty
- Identify drivers of your risk and explore options to mitigate it
- Optimize plans with “here and now” and “wait and see” decisions
- Make complex decision choices visually clear
- Visually share key insights to better manage risk and make decisions