Engineering The Perfect Quantum Strategy
Solving Humanity's Greatest Challenges
Dr. Edward Rothberg, CEO, Gurobi Optimization, Explains
Uncover the power of mathematical optimization in the advancement of quantum computing. In this video presentation Dr. Edward Rothberg sheds light on this forgotten force and its practical application to help solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Quantum computing, which has been around for decades, has been generating a lot of buzz in the business world recently. The hype surrounding quantum computers has hit a fever pitch, and investment in these emerging technologies is soaring. According to a recent report, the quantum computing market is forecast to grow from USD472 million in 2021 to USD1.77 billion by 2026, representing a CAGR of 30.2%.
Expectations are sky-high, but by most accounts, quantum computers are still decades away from potentially becoming widely available technologies that can deliver tangible value and impact in the business world. The hardware is still playing catch up with the theory (and the hype), and it will take some major breakthroughs on the R&D front for quantum computers to become commercial products that we could use to consistently solve critical, everyday business problems.
Complete the form to hear Dr. Edward Rothberg’s view on what the future holds.
Mathematical optimization is a well-established, essential technological tool in the financial services industry. For over 50 years, mathematical optimization technologies have been used by leading companies across the financial services ecosystem (including institutional and consumer banks, wealth management firms, hedge funds, insurance providers, and fintech players) to:
- Address a wide variety of complex business problems including portfolio optimization, cash management, trade settlement, and asset-liability management.
- Make optimal, data-driven decisions that deliver improved operational efficiency, profitability, and regulatory compliance as well as reduced risk and costs.
Leading companies across numerous industries use Gurobi’s mathematical optimization solver – in a wide variety of applications – to optimize their supply chain planning, decision making, and operations and keep supply and demand in balance.
With mathematical optimization, you can:
- Attain visibility and control over your end-to-end supply chain network.
- React and respond rapidly and effectively to changing conditions and disruptions across your supply chain.
- Make dynamic, data-driven decisions that optimize your company’s efficiency and profitability.
- Achieve your business goals by balancing cost and service-level tradeoffs – simultaneously satisfying customer demand and spurring bottom-line growth.
- Transform your supply chain from a source of costs into a source of competitive advantage.
Energy and Utilities
Gurobi solvers allow energy and utility companies to respond to the growing demand for services each year. Optimization enables organizations to delicately balance consumer utilization with responsible management of power generation and distribution. Optimization allows companies to turn data into insight by combining economic, social, and environmental considerations into a single mathematical model. Optimization can also be used to help companies mitigate risk and uncertainty in an increasingly competitive market.