Highlights of Gurobi Optimizer 8.1
Gurobi Announces Higher Solver Performance and New Features
Beaverton, OR, Oct 22, 2018 – Gurobi Optimization has released version 8.1 of its leading mathematical programming solver. This latest version improves the overall performance of Gurobi Optimizer, and adds enhancements to Gurobi Instant Cloud, including support for Microsoft Azure® and for the latest Amazon Web Services® machines, and more.
Performance testing using Gurobi’s test library, consisting of literally thousands of real-world models, shows significant improvements versus the already industry-leading Gurobi v8.0. Specifically, for mixed-integer quadratic programming models, v8.1 is 2.8X faster overall and more than a factor of 6x faster on difficult models that take more than 100 seconds to solve. For linear programming models, the dual simplex algorithm in v8.1 is 4.2% faster overall.
This recent release includes a number of new features:
- Gurobi Instant Cloud now supports Microsoft Azure®: Instant Cloud users can now use Microsoft Azure, in several regions.
- Gurobi Instant Cloud adds faster and more powerful machines on Amazon EC2®: The new version supports c5, r5 and z1 instance types.
- New Q matrix linearization for MIQP and MIQCP models: We added a new Q matrix linearization approach in presolve. This new option can be chosen by setting parameter PreQLinearize to the new value of 2.
- Improved Mac Installation Package: Users no longer need to install Xcode to perform the installation.
- Support for Python 3.7: We have added support for Python 3.7 on Windows, Linux and Mac platforms.
- A callback function for multi-objective optimization: We now let users terminate optimization for individual objectives for multi-objective MIP models.
Gurobi (www.gurobi.com) is in the business of helping companies make better decisions through the use of prescriptive analytics. In addition to providing the best math programming solver, as well as tools for distributed optimization and optimization in the cloud, the company is known for its outstanding support and straightforward pricing. The Gurobi Optimizer is a state-of-the-art solver for linear programming (LP), quadratic programming (QP), quadratically constrained programming (QCP), mixed-integer linear programming (MILP), mixed-integer quadratic programming (MIQP), and mixed-integer quadratically constrained programming (MIQCP). Gurobi was designed from the ground up to exploit modern architectures and multi-core processors, using the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms. Founded in 2008, Gurobi Optimization is based in Beaverton, OR (+1 713 871 9341). Contact: Duke Perrucci Gurobi Optimization Mobile: +01 203-391-8027 Perrucci@Gurobi.com