Breakthrough new capabilities and increased performance in Gurobi Optimizer, plus major new features for Gurobi Compute Server.
View the Video: Gurobi Optimizer 9.0
Breakthrough New Capability
Find globally optimal solutions to classic bilinear pooling and blending problems.
- Non-Convex Quadratic Optimization – We added a new bilinear solver that allows you to solve problems with non-convex quadratic constraints and objectives.
Faster Than Ever
Our maniacal focus on speed continues.
Gurobi Version 9.0 delivers significant performance improvements across LP, MIP, and MIQP problem types compared to v8.1.
- LP – In default settings is 7% faster.
- Barrier – 7% faster and an additional 4% faster with computers supporting AVX 512.
- MIP – 18% faster overall and 26% faster on difficult models that take more than 100 seconds to solve.
- MIQP – 24% faster.
We are happy to help you benchmark your models with Gurobi v9.0. Please submit a Gurobi support ticket to get started.
Ease of Use
New functionality in the Optimizer simplifies your workflow.
- Python Matrix API – We have extended our Python interface to support matrix-oriented modeling using NumPy or SciPy matrices.
- Piecewise-Linear (PWL) Constraints – You can now add PWL constraints directly as a modeling construct instead of having to represent them as a combination of linear and SOS constraints.
- Function Constraints With Automatic PWL Translation – This release allows you to add nine basic, nonlinear, univariate function constraints, including polynomial, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions. We will perform an automatic piecewise-linear approximation of these functions.
- MIP Scenario Analysis – This new feature allows you to describe multiple sets of changes to a model (scenarios) and computes the impact of these changes on the solution.
- New Solution Improvement Heuristic – New, much more effective heuristic for focusing on improving MIP solutions.
- Intermediate Solution Files – We now allow you to write solutions found during the MIP solution process to files as soon as they are discovered.
View the Video: Gurobi Compute Server 9.0
- Commercial users current on their Maintenance and Support — Simply download and install Gurobi 9.0, and then rerun the grbgetkey process with your current license(s). Your license(s) have already been updated to work with Gurobi 9.0. To find the code for your license simply go to https://www.gurobi.com/downloads/licenses/ (while logged in), click on the license you wish to use with Gurobi 9.0, and you will see the grbgetkey code near the bottom of the page.
- Academic users of the free academic version of Gurobi — Academic users who obtained their license from the Gurobi website should go to https://www.gurobi.com/downloads/free-academic-license/ and request a new academic license. Academic users who obtained their license directly from Gurobi’s license team should follow the process for commercial users current on their M&S shown above.
- All other users — Please contact us to discuss upgrade options.
Version 9.0 Overview Webinars
Dr. Tobias Achterberg, Director of Development at Gurobi, will provide an overview of v9.0 on December 17 and 18, in English and German. We will be adding webinars in Chinese and Spanish soon.
Enhancements in Prior Versions of Gurobi
You may also be interested in viewing a list of enhancements from v4.0 to v8.1:
We’re happy to assist you. Please contact us using this form, and a Gurobi representative will get back to you shortly.
- Free Consultations
- General Inquiries
- Gurobi Optimizer Questions
Can’t view the form? Please email us at email@example.com.