Technical Account Manager, Americas
Role: Technical Account Manager, Americas
Reports to: Manager of Global Technical Account Team
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. We love what data can do and so should you. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology uses the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms maintaining our position as an innovation leader. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year proudly expanding our team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
The Technical Account Manager role at Gurobi guides prospective customers through the integration of mathematical optimization technology into enterprise-grade software solutions. Technical Account Managers use their extensive technical product expertise and experience to advise on key implementation decisions as well as system architecture. Focus of this work is the most efficient use of optimization technology to maximize business value under consideration of cost-effectiveness and scalability. The role naturally involves close collaboration with our account managers, product support, R&D, as well as marketing. Intensive exposure to a wide range of optimization applications and industries allows Technical Account Managers to steadily grow in their advisory role.
A Technical Account Manager utilizes excellent communication skills to interact with widely different target groups from business decision makers to technical domain experts. Driven by an analytic mindset and committed to the pursuit of knowledge, the Technical Account Manager strives to be a valuable, trusted advisor throughout the process. Personal interaction includes coaching and presentation in tailored workshops, webinars and hands-on trainings. Technical Account Managers are ultimate team players in a heterogeneous global group with a strong focus on mutual support and knowledge sharing.
The ideal candidate for this role combines a practical background in mathematical optimization with smart business thinking as well as multi-year experience with software projects in that field and/or willingness to learn. Emotional intelligence and an open mind come together with the willingness to learn and excitement to speak in front of people. The current team consists of six people with different backgrounds in mathematical optimization, software engineering, pre-sales, and IT. Onboarding includes extensive technical training and peer mentoring from the team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Active participation in calls and meetings with prospective customers
- Collaborative management of technical discussions in ongoing business opportunities
- Profound architecture discussions and sizing recommendations
- Assistance in helping prospective customers to develop a business case
- Development of material to demonstrate product functionality and performance
- Assessment and conveyance of customer feedback back into the R&D process
- Leading of internal initiatives to enhance our processes, systems and tools
- Bring in your technical background as SME throughout the technical team
What You Should Have
- Master or PhD in computer science, engineering, mathematics or double major preferred
- 3+ years of business experience in the field of optimization systems and data science
- Advanced presentation and training skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English; at least one other language (fluent) a plus
- Can work with the ambiguity and conflict that arises when a direct sales force and a partner approach a deal from two different sides
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to influence thinking and shift inertia
- Self-motivated and effective working from a home office
- Some travel required (post COVID)
- A strong problem-solving attitude and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- High level of emotional intelligence especially in the areas of self-awareness, empathy and selfmotivation
- Flexibility to join global meetings across time zones
- Ability to work effectively with management, sales, support and product development
- Strong mindset around curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Programming experience in at least two of Gurobi’s main API programming languages (C, C++, Java, Python, C#, VB.NET)
- Essential system administration knowledge on a least one major operating system (Windows, Linux or Mac)
- Basic knowledge about networking, web technologies and applications
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Technical Account Manager, Americas.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.