- A Characterization of Stability in Linear Programming, Stephen M. Robinson, 1977, Operations Research 25-3:435--447.
- IEEE Standard for Binary Floating-Point Arithmetic (IEEE 754), IEEE Computer Society, 1985.
- What every computer scientist should know about floating-point arithmetic, David Goldberg, 1991, ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), 23:5--48.
- Numerical Computing with IEEE Floating Point Arithmetic, Michael L. Overton, SIAM, 2001.
- Practical guidelines for solving difficult linear programs, Ed Klotz and Alexandra M. Newman, 2013, Surveys in Operations Research and Management Science, 18-1:1--17.
- Identification, Assessment, and Correction of Ill-Conditioning and Numerical Instability in Linear and Integer Programs, Ed Klotz, Bridging Data and Decisions, Chapter 3, 54--108.