This section covers the setup and administration of a Gurobi Remote Services cluster. The intended audience is the system administrator. If you are interested in using a cluster that has already been set up, you should proceed to the next section.
This section begins by providing a step-by-step guide for a simple Cluster Manager installation on your local machine. The goal is to help you to quickly gain a basic understanding of the role of each Remote Services component.
Then, we describe in more detail the steps and options for a full deployment. We start by describing how to download the Remote Services package and install it on all of the nodes in your cluster. Once this is done, the next step is to install and start the Cluster Manager. Note that this step is optional; you can run a self-managed Remote Services cluster (without a Cluster Manager). Next, we explain the steps required to set up a cluster with one node, and then the steps to expand the cluster to multiple nodes. We also present a discussion of the available communication options. Finally, we explain the process of upgrading an installation.
- Quick Cluster Manager Installation
- Installing the Remote Services Package
- Installing a Cluster Manager
- Installing the Database
- Cluster Manager Server (grb_rsm)
- Configuring the Cluster Manager
- Starting the Cluster Manager as a Process
- Starting the Cluster Manager as a Service
- Installing a Cluster Node
- Remote Services Agent (grb_rs)
- Configuring a Cluster Node
- Starting a Cluster Node as a Process
- Starting a Cluster Node as a Service
- Forming a Cluster
- Communication Options
- Enabling HTTPS
- Using HTTPS with Self-Signed Certificates
- Using a Router without a Cluster Manager
- Upgrading an Existing Installation